VMware Communities
K2silver
Contributor
Contributor

Watchdog Violation Error BSOD After Hyper-V Role Installed Windows 2012 R2

Hey everyone I am at last resort, I am running 12.5.9 build-7535481 VMWare Workstation

A VM with Windows Server 2012 R2 is provided to us for installation of a Hyper-V Role.

I can install the Hyper-V role fine and restart but upon restarting it hangs on the loading screen for some time before loading up a BSOD Watchdog Violation Error.

I do not know where to start looking as I have already googled my heart out and tried other forums but I cannot figure it out, some students have had the similar problem and mentioned it was a BIOS issue.

I am using a HP Notebook Windows 10 updated and everything, SSD Samsung fully updated as well.

Thank you for the support and I hope I can find an answer!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

Hi

check it article:

How to run Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V on VMware Workstation | Tim Radney

If this answer has helped you, please mark it as answered.

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
K2silver
Contributor
Contributor

Thanx for the reply but the article with no help as I had none of those error messages as described.

I was able to install Hyper-V Role but when I restarted to finish the install I was unable to get past the Windows Loading Screen, it did show installing/updating features and % rate, after that it would hang on loading screen for a bit untill a Watchdog Violation Error BSOD and collecting information but then does a restart loop of this.

0 Kudos
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

The vmtools installed?

The OS been updated (windows update)?

Check it's enable

pastedImage_0.png

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
K2silver
Contributor
Contributor

Everything is checked and updates, other people in class had no problems with this VM.

I did notice that I cannot select "Reinstall VMTools" it is greyed out. Maybe that???

Thanx forum for the help

0 Kudos