VMware Communities
gworboys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch with Workstation 10

I've just updated from Workstation v8 to Workstation v10 - host is Windows 7 x64 SP1, and now the behaviour of my Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet has changed.  I'll describe the symptoms as seen on my Windows 7 x64 guest, but the same problem also occurs on a Windows XP 32bit guest (and I presume all, but haven't tested further yet).

Both the host and the guest have the Wacom drivers installed, allowing me to connect the tablet to the host or the guest, and that part seems to be working as usual.  The problem relates to the touch features of the tablet (using it like a touchpad/mouse), when the tablet is connected to the host.

Under Workstation v8 the buttons on the side of the tablet that are configured for "Click" and "Right Click" would work on the host and inside the guest - just like using a mouse - even when the tablet was connected to the host.  The tablet is configured so that a two-fingered swipe would scroll like using a mouse-wheel, this would also work inside the guest even when the tablet was connected to the host.  Under Workstation v10 these features no longer work.  The basic touch features still work, moving the mouse pointer, or clicking with a tap on the tablet surface.  If I explicitly connect the tablet to the guest then the additional features do work, but they used to work inside the guest even when connected to the host (it was only the advanced Pen stuff that needed explicit connection).

I hope that's clear.  I'm wondering if this problem may be related to what I see on this thread, but as this is different hardware I thought I would keep the topic separate.

The problem existed before I upgraded the hardware or tools of the guest, and continued after updating. I have tried updating the Wacom drivers to latest, but no difference.  I played around with combinations of  touchscreen.vusb.present and touchscreen.vusb.enabled (which I found in discussions regarding Wacom issues on Fusion), but these have made no difference.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
0 Replies