VMware Communities
kingneutron
Expert
Expert

WTH? Who deleted the post about my Squid appliance V7 announcement?

--I posted it in Vmware Player and Workstation discussions because there is interest in both places, and someone deleted the Workstation thread?!

Full announcement is here:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/2217264#2217264

Since I spent 30 min creating enough content in the Workstation post to make it stand out from the Player post, thanks for nothing you rogue deleter. At least send me a PM when you pull crap like that.  Scheisse, I take a few months off and the place goes to hell.  Try it again and I'll make a formal complaint - I don't have a crown by my ID for nothing, I'm a freaking Vmware evangelist.

./. If you have appreciated my response, please remember to apply Helpful/Correct points. TIA
0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

It was deleted because...

From "4. Conduct" in the VMware Community Terms of Use:

i. Do not use the Community to spam other users, including sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different discussion  groups, mailing lists or communities.

p. VMware reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any contribution that violates these guidelines. ...

kingneutron
Expert
Expert

--Yeah, that was my point - it was *not* identical or irrelevant. It had substantial content that expanded on the original announcement.

/ and it's a good way of promoting Vmware Player, too 😉

./. If you have appreciated my response, please remember to apply Helpful/Correct points. TIA
0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Personally I didn't look at the posts, although I normally do was just to tired last night, however if you feel they were different enough and maybe just the subject lines were the same then if you have a copy of what you posted in the Workstation Forum then I'd suggest reposting it (although it might get deleted again).  Maybe ping one of the moderators and ask that it not be deleted again if appropriate not to delete. Smiley Wink

kingneutron
Expert
Expert

--I appreciate the suggestion, however I'm not in the habit of copying stuff down like that because it was supposed to live on in the forums. :eyeroll:

--It's a PITA for me, as I've already shared both URLs with friends, and now one of them is going to 404. :smileyangry:  Obviously I'm not a spammer, all the mod had to do was click on the link and they would easily have seen that the posts weren't identical.

0 Kudos