VMware Communities
vvhoang
Contributor
Contributor

WS Pro 14.1.8 and Windows 11 Pro - disabling device/credential guard

I've been trying to google ways to disable device/credential guard in order to run WS PRo 14.1.8 on my computer but nothing seems to work. I've tried modifying the registry, turning Hypervisor off, etc. I can't seem to turn off the security features in order to run WS Pro.

I am assuming that this version of WS Pro is so old that I would have to upgrade to WS Pro 16 or 17? I'm trying to avoid that route if possible. The compatibility charts for Windows 11 Pro show that I should be able to run WS Pro 14.1.8 on it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I don't know what compatibility charts you are looking at, but Windows 11 is not listed as a supported host operating system on VMware's host compatibility charts until Workstation 16.2.x (see: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80807 .)  It is highly likely that you will have to upgrade your Workstation 14 to 16 or 17 (17 made changes to better support both Windows 11 as a host and guest).

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
vvhoang
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I was looking at the guest OS compatibility documents under Windows 10: VMware_GOS_Compatibility_Guide.pdf

I guess I will have to upgrade to WS Pro 17 after all.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos