VMware Communities
jimbo45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WKS 15.0.2 GSOD on W10 insder pro build 1809-18290-1000 (the latest)

Both Workstation and player cause Windows to abend (GSOD) -- not possible to show screen as windows dies with message : kernel - security exception. This happens on the latest Windows insider build .

The defect happens when you try to power on any GUEST - whether Windows or Linux Guests.

Any known fixes yet

Thanks

44 Replies
Scillonian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you tried creating an Ubuntu 16.04 VM without using Easy Install?

0 Kudos
BR6
Contributor
Contributor

the latest 18305 second rls fixed the crashes but stop networking bridging to work on vm player for me

0 Kudos
dosmond
Contributor
Contributor

What I found I had to do was create the VM without the OS, then install the OS.  However it still does not always start when I need it too sometimes requiring a restart of the host system.  In the log I see a message about a timeout. 

0 Kudos
nickjwest
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same GSOD issue and this is my Consultancy laptop that I use VMWare WS for for all my Labs!!

MSI GE72 6QD Apache Pro

WS 12.5.9 build-7535481

Hopefully this will get fixed soon as I will get very worried if it continues. Shame on you MS as you should have known loads of people use VMWare WS!

0 Kudos
Scillonian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I've got the same GSOD issue and this is my Consultancy laptop that I use VMWare WS for for all my Labs!!

MSI GE72 6QD Apache Pro

WS 12.5.9 build-7535481

Hopefully this will get fixed soon as I will get very worried if it continues. Shame on you MS as you should have known loads of people use VMWare WS!

If you had bothered to take some time and read through this thread you would have learned that by updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18305.1003 this problem has been fixed by Microsoft for most users [using Workstation 15.0.2].

0 Kudos