VMware Communities
tolmarc
Contributor
Contributor

W7 7100 guest on W7 7100 host - no network access

I'm trying to get internet access on a W7 guest on a W7 host. on the host I've got LAN connection with no problems, and internet acess. on the guest no connection at all. Installed vmware tools and tried some solutions that were posted here in the forum (one solution involving using the network manager) and still no luck. what else can I check?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
prakashraj
Expert
Expert

Hi,

There is some issue going with accessing internet on windows 7 Guest

Still no fix from developers

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
freejelly
Contributor
Contributor

Any news about the internet and network problems with Windows 7?

We cannot get any internet access with VMWare on Windows 7 host.

Is this a sneaky way for Microsoft to get people to start using their Virtual PC software which comes with Windows 7?

0 Kudos
prakashraj
Expert
Expert

Hi All,

I have found the solution for internet problem in windows 7 guest

Check the attachment for solution

Consider to Privide points if it is correct or helpful

Thanks & Regards

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
tolmarc
Contributor
Contributor

I've already go this line in my vmx file. although I've installed my 7 guest as windows vista and not NT.

anyway thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
serdev
Contributor
Contributor

In January 2012 with Windows 7 SP1 host and Windows 7 SP1 guest on VMware Workstation 8 it still solved the "no network in guest" problem for us, using above mentioned technique:

In the .vmx file add a line

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

that is in addition to obviously needing a

ethernet0.connectionType = "bridged"

or "nat" instead of "bridged", whichever you want.

Just mentioning, when fixing it we did already have VMware Tools installed.  But the "no network in guest" problem existed with and without VMware Tools.

0 Kudos