VMware Communities
nri_tech1183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vmware workstation lab setup pinging issue

I have setup practice lab on two physical pcs running Windows 10 enterprise 64bit.

System 1 PC has 18gb ram and vmware workstation 14 installed with physical ethernet card connection.

Inside vmware workstation following vms are installed:

a) esxi 6.0

ip 192.168.1.111

b) win server 2k12 AD

ip 192.168.1.1.100

c) win server 2k12 vcenter

ip 192.168.1.1.102

These 3 vms ping into each other perfectly.

This system physical ethernet is connected to my dlink wireless router.

System 2 PC has 8gb ram and vmware workstation 14 installed with wifi connection.

Inside vmware workstation following vm is installed:

a) esxi 6.0

ip 192.168.1.1.121

This vm isnt able to ping any of the above vms hosted on system 1 pc even though gateway etc is proper.

This system 2 wifi is connected to my dlink wireless router. Thus both the systems PHYSICALLY are in the same network and their ips are pingable and file sharing etc is perfect between them. Except for the vm ping not happening between the two pcs.

My physical network connectivity is in ip 192.168.1.xx range and also my vm ip too are in same ranges

Is it causing the issue to ping esxi server vm on to another physical machine? i.e System 2

Shall I shift vms to 10.xxx ip ranges??

Only issue is with this esxi server vm which isnt able to ping to the other vms. from either system 1 to 2 or vice versa.

All the settings for both esx server vms are identical like hostname, gateway etc.

What did I missed?

Is it due to the wifi connectivity?

Do I need to do any port opening etc in the windows firewall for this system 2 ? so it can ping successfully to vms hosted onto system 1 pc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nri_tech1183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nri_tech1183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast