VMware Communities
IntenseMilk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vmware workstation distortion across multiple monitors

I have three monitors and never had trouble with this before. My main monitor, it looks fine as shown until you notice some icons missing towards the top. If I were to click these icons, vmware workstation will crash after a 2-3 second pause and all the vm tabs will be deleted. When I drag the workstation across my other two monitors (on the left and right side), the workstation itself is distorted. Let me be clear, this is not the VM itself, but the workstation's interface. I haven't played with VMware in about a week but the last major update I did was update my graphics card (and maybe some windows updates) but I did roll back to the previous version of my nvidia graphics card and still no fix. I also updated to Vmware workstation 15 but that didn't change anything either. Any suggestions? I'm going to try rolling back some more to keep testing things out. Also, the VMs themselves will load but as shown, they become just as distorted.

*note* I have to roll back to vmware 14 to show different errors and I will upload the picture when I do so

Edit:

1) I've also tried using vmware workstation's "repair" utility to no avail.

2) I am on a windows 10 system

3) Added the workstation 14 version. The "middle", "left", and "Right" pictures are workstation 15 while the "workstation 14, middle" is the only workstation 14 as I had to quickly rollback and the visuals are the same for both versions.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntenseMilk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My solution = reset windows 10 to default configurations

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply