VMware Communities
vmheplcomuniti
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Workstation Unrecoverable error: (vmx) Exception 0xc0000006 (Disk error while paging) has accurred

HI All,

I am Using Vmware workstation 7. I have a windows server 2003 (32bit) Vmware, I was yesterday suspend this Vmware. but now I'm try to Rusume my Vmware I'm not able to Resume it.

When I run (Resume) Vmware give Error : Vmware Workstation Unrecoverable error: (vmx) Exception 0xc0000006 (Disk error while paging) has accurred...

( find Attachment to Screenshot of Error)

please anyone help me to Fix this issue.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

please attach the vmware.log mentioned in the error message

VMX-parameters- Workstation FAQ -[ MOA-liveCD|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
vmheplcomuniti
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

PFA of vmware log file.

Thanks for respond me!

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

PFA ???

looked at the log ... I would remove the file Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.vmem and try again

VMX-parameters- Workstation FAQ -[ MOA-liveCD|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VM-Sickbay

NeoKumar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Player unrecoverable error: (vmx)
Exception 0xc0000006 (disk error while paging) has occurred.
A log file is available in "__A folder Path__".  A core file is available in "__A folder Path__".  Please request support and include the contents of the log file and core file. 
To collect data to submit to VMware support, run "vm-support".
We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.
Fix:
i)If you do not need that virtual machine you can delete it and setup a new one
ii)If you need that virtual machine you can erase the suspended state and return to you virtual machine as if you did not suspend it, to do so follow these steps:
Go to the folder contains the virtual machine..
Search for the the file with extension .vmem and have the name as same as the name of the virtual machine.
Delete the .vmem file and the go the VMware workstation and run you virtual machine from it.
And error message will appear just press OK.
When you are asked whether to discard the suspend state or not, you have to discard it.
Power on the VM
Now your virtual machine will run normally as if you never suspended it.
Joseph80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was facing the same issue. after removing .vmem file its resolved the same.

Thank you so much,

0 Kudos