VMware Communities
alone_master
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Workstation 14 - Error waiting for connection

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Vmware Workstation 14 on Ubuntu 16.04 to start the VM's, when start the virtual machine, show the error screen.

Thanks for you help!

Vmware_01.png

6 Replies
wangeryan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, alone_master:

Would you please reproduce the issue and upload the vmware-ui.log and vmware.log? The vmware-ui.log locates at %temp%vmware-$user/vmware-ui-xxxxx.log, and the vmware.log should locates in the same folder of your VM related files. Thanks very much

0 Kudos
alone_master
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

I attached the log files.

0 Kudos
Firebreather
Contributor
Contributor

Hello alone_master,

I have the same problem with WS14 @ Ubuntu 16.04. I figured out that it only occurs when at least one USB device is configured to be connected at power on. As a temporary workaround, you can delete all "usb.autoconnect..." lines in the VMX file. Next time, ensure that no USB device remains connected before the VM is powered off.

The developers should focus on what changed in USB device handling since WS12.x. I use WS14 with my production Linux kernel 4.4 and I also tried a more recent 4.11 kernel, but that changed nothing.

0 Kudos
alone_master
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The error persist, the display continues black.

0 Kudos
nkanthi
Contributor
Contributor

Starting vmware workstation with sudo from command line works for me < sudo vmware > . Any one solved this issue already ??

Thommie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see the same issue from time to time on OpenSUSE LEAP 42.3, which is close to SLES 12.  I also see major problems (crashes) when using two windows instead of only one (e.g. for having local and shared VMs on different screens). WS 14 looks not very stable yet ...