VMware Communities
roaminmatt
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Firewall?

Hello my name is Matt and I can't seem to figure out vmware network / HOST computer network settings to make this firewall work.

Before I ask My question here is the quick setup i have going.

Host os is windows 8.1 pro with an on board network card, on board WiFi card and 2 gigabyte LAN cards That I want to use.

Guest os will be either  Untangle Firewall or PFsense.

here is my issue and what I would like to do for my network;

I want This Desktop To sit in between My modem and my Router Simple enough i have the wires already run and ready to make that connection.

So internet will come in network card A and then continue into the vmware os.  Id like to note that I want all outgoing traffic of the host computer to go through the vmware os as well. So again Internet into Network card A Then into vmware os, then into the HOST os (windows 8.1) and then out to my Router.  I should also state that nordvpn is on the windows 8.1 HOST and I would like to be able to turn this on and off tunneling anything from the Host computer and behind (so Host router and anything connected to my router)  into nordvpn and then off when I turn it off, if. But lets skip nord atm Because I cant seem to get the guest os to "sit" where i want it in my network.

Again to be clear I want the windows 8 and the vmware os to work together to make my complete firewall.

I hope I have explained what I would like. I can't seem to get the network config working. Any help would really be welcome. thank you in advanced. if i missed something please just ask.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Try setting up similar to Ulli's page on a Transparent Bridge setup - Sanbarrow.com

0 Kudos
roaminmatt
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a guide or something to set this process up?

0 Kudos