VMware Communities
tslim66
Contributor
Contributor

VmWare workstation 8 and WinXP dosbox fullscreen stretch, how to?

Hi,

I am busy evaluating VmWare 8.0.1 and I have few questions to ask.

Question 1: How can I make "View->Autosize->Stretch Guest" feature work?

a) I have created a VM running WinXP and I have a shortcut set to open WinXP Dosbox in fullscreen mode.
b) I have View->Autosize set to "Stretch Guest"
c) When I boot my VM, WinXP is in fullscreen, stretch to the edges of my screen, but if I click the shortcut as mentioned in a), the WinXP Dosbox come up in fullscreen but it is not stretch. i.e. there are ample blank spaces surrounding the fullscreen DOSBOX. I will need to toggle "Stretch Guest" off then on it again in order to have the DOSBOX stretch to the screen edges.

So, how can I make WinXP DosBox come up stretch to the edge automatically?
or
Is there anyway I can at least automize the procedure of toggling OFF then ON again the "Autosize->Stretch Guest" feature?

Question 2: How can I command "View->Autosize->Stretch Guest" feature to work better?

As at this point of writting, I will need to manually toggle OFF then ON the "Stretch Guest" feature in order to have a nice fullscreen dosbox (See question 1 above). Even if I care to manually do so, I still have one more problem:

If any of my dos program (that I run in the dosbox) change the screen mode, say alter dos display from 80x25 to 80x33, I notice that, the Dosbox will shrink back, i.e. it become un-stretch again and I will need to repeat the toggling "Stretch Guest" procedure as mentioned.

Is there any command or anything that I can command the "Stretch Guest" feature. For example, may be I can control its re-stretch frequency such that if something happen to the Guest screen that causing it to loss its strecth status, VmWare will try to re-strecth it promptly?

0 Kudos
0 Replies