VMware Communities
ilcaa
Contributor
Contributor

VmWare vCenter Converter Error... Cannot Configure VM Physical Machine

I have tried at least 10x to create a VMMachine from my physical machine.

I currently use VMWorkstation 8. 8.0.0 build 471780 and downloaded the Converter Standalone 5.0.0.

i have tried to use the standalone to convert and i installed it on the same physical machine i want to VM.  I go through the process and it seems to create the VM but gives me a configuration error (nothing specific though).  I have tried every single combination of settings and nothing works.  I am attaching a pic of a highlight of the log.

anyone experience this issue and solved it?   My physical machine works at 100% and there is nothing I can't do (boot, safe mode, installs, etc)

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

what guest OS is that ?

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Hi,

You forget to add  the OS name which you tried to convert.

And in some case, you can't deny for reboot. No one can give 100% availability on all time.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ilcaa
Contributor
Contributor

The host OS, physical machine OS is Windows 7 Professional.    When you say guest that would be the virtualized system, which in this case is the same Win 7 Pro.... right?

0 Kudos
ilcaa
Contributor
Contributor

attached is another screen shot, i am enclosing the full settings for the conversion...

its pretty straight forward ...not sure where it would go bad....  also there is no where to look for specifics as to why it didn't coonvert/configure properly

0 Kudos