VMware Communities
mark909
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VmWare Workstation Pro v15 - USB support

Dear All,

Can someone confirm that if i upgrade my VmWare player v12 to VmWare Workstation Pro v15, will i be able to connect the USB devices and i will have proper connection from host to guest for the following USB device: "PKCS #11 for Alladin knowledge Token"

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If it works in v12, it is likely it will work in v15.  However, why not just try it for yourself?  Make sure you have a copy of your v12 installer and your license key - so that you can go back to that version if needed.  Install Workstation v15 - it runs for 30 days as a trial, so you can test things like this out before paying for the license.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If it works in v12, it is likely it will work in v15.  However, why not just try it for yourself?  Make sure you have a copy of your v12 installer and your license key - so that you can go back to that version if needed.  Install Workstation v15 - it runs for 30 days as a trial, so you can test things like this out before paying for the license.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos