VMware Communities
Intel233
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vm's wont start

I have 3 VM's on my laptop.  Everything was fine until I rebooted (Microsoft Update and Avast Antivirus Update).  I shutdown Avast and have the same issue.  So not sure if Microsoft update did something.  I get the following error message. VM Workstation 10.

pastedImage_1.png

AMD Processor - 4 Cores

I have 16GB of RAM of this laptop.  I have:

Debian Linux 512MB Processors: # of processors:2  Number of Cores per processor:1

WIn 7- 2 GB # of processors:2  Number of Cores per processor:2

WIn2008R2 - 8.5GB RAM.# of processors:2  Number of Cores per processor:2

I was able to have all 3 running at the same time.

I finally got Debian and WIn7 to start.  When I was loading them I was getting the same message for my Windows 7 VM.  The windows7 VM now decided to start after I changed the processors to 4 and 4.I do not understand why all of a sudden I can;t have all 3 running.  I have 10.6GB free.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It seems that this issue occurred with different Windows version after applying the latest Microsoft patches. According to the VMware Workstation 10.0.4 Release Notes this issue has been fixed for Windows 8.1/2012. Maybe worth a try to see whether it's fixed for Windows 2008 too!?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It seems that this issue occurred with different Windows version after applying the latest Microsoft patches. According to the VMware Workstation 10.0.4 Release Notes this issue has been fixed for Windows 8.1/2012. Maybe worth a try to see whether it's fixed for Windows 2008 too!?

André

0 Kudos
Intel233
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. Got the update and it seems to be working.

0 Kudos