VMware Communities
vuvysoft
Contributor
Contributor

Vm got back in time(lost files and work in files, data) after fixing an error, which occurred after shutting it down

Hi!

In advance I can warn u about my english, not the best but u should be able to understand:-)

One day I was working on some files in my virtual machine, I should turn off my machine because I should go to sleep.

But when I started my vm I got error, that was just about the CIDs, which did not match, so fixed it. Then i tried to start my vm once again, it was all working fine...UNTIL I found out that all the files I had been working on was like about 7 days back in time and there was no files from that time right before the error occurred, my whole vm's hard drive(probably the vmdk)  was not updated and there wasn't any of the files I had added some days ago from that day, nothing was saved, strange??

Any suggestions?

-Just ask if u need some more info, this can be pretty difficult to understand;-)

Thanks, I apreciate all help!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If you are once again trying to get help for the OS X VM that your are violating the Apple SLA in how you are using it, then the answer is still the same and hasn't changed from what you were told in the other two threads!

If it's not the same OS X VM then provide a screenshot of the files that comprise the VM showing the filename, file size, and date/time stamp along with a unedited screenshot of the full error message and all vmware*.log files for that VM along with a detailed description of how and what you did to edit the CID and which file(s) you edited and what file(s) you took the CID value(s) from to make the edit.

0 Kudos
vuvysoft
Contributor
Contributor

I am using vmware fusion now.....i'll post it in vmware fusion..

but if someone still know how to fix, please contact me:-)

0 Kudos