VMware Communities
ilcaa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vm WorkStation, Screen Size of Vm's

I am attaching a picture  I am using VMWorkstation, 8.0.0 build-471780

is you look at the picture I have an active VM that I am working on, but the screen is small.  There is alot of black empty space surronding the desktop screen.  I realize I can maximize to full screen, but i would like to work in the console view but have the desktop fill the available window.

is this possible, if so how.

thanks  JR

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I don't have access to VMware Workstation 8 at the moment. However, in VMware Workstation 7 you'd have to select "Autofit Guest" from the "View" menu.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I don't have access to VMware Workstation 8 at the moment. However, in VMware Workstation 7 you'd have to select "Autofit Guest" from the "View" menu.

André

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What do you have the guest's screen resolution set to?  It appears that you have the VMware Tools installed, so you should be able to increase the screen size beyond the default 800x600.

0 Kudos
ranjitcool
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think Andre's choice of Autofit guest would work.

Also try ctrl+alt+enter (double check this) to enter into full screen.

Thanks

RJ

Please award points if you find my answers helpful Thanks RJ Visit www.rjapproves.com
0 Kudos
ilcaa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

wow, can't believe I didn't think to check in "View", anyway that was the answered, it filled the screen but within hte console, exactly what I was looking for.

thanks for the responses on such a simple question!

JR

0 Kudos