VMware Communities
jimbo45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 Host 32 Bit XPPro guest - No Mouse control when AERO scheme used

Hi all - running Host dual core 64 bit Vista Ultimate with SP1 applied. Guest is 32 Bit XP PRO. Running either vmware workstation 6.0.5 or 6.5 I can't get any mouse control in the VM once the login screen appears. I've tried all sorts of different mice (USB, PS2, cordless, optical, corded etc to no avail (Logitech, Microsoft and HP mice). Same problem. I also disabled all the various mice effects so the mice pointers / control was as basic as possible on the host. Same result - i.e no difference.

Removing some of the Aero effects on the host cures 99% of the problem -- the problem hasn't totally gone away but occurs infrequently enough not to be annoying.

(Host) Video is Intel G33/G31 Express chipset (on the motherboard - not using separate video card), current mouse is PS/2 compatable mouse, RAM 4GB , processor Intel dual core E4500 2.20GHZ.

It could be related to SP1 - however my copy of VISTA had SP1 already installed.

Any idea as I'd like to use some of the AERO desktop effects on the HOST.

Cheers

-J

0 Kudos
0 Replies