VMware Communities
Softshoe
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual USB controller has been disconnected.

I downloaded and installed the trial version of VMWare workstation 6.5.2. Everything went well until I started the first virtual machine. I got an error message about the clock speed and timing (which I fixed in the config.ini file) and the following error messages:

A supported host USB driver was not found. If you have installed USB traffic monitoring software on the host system, please remove it.

Virtual USB controller has been disconnected.

I am running Microsoft Vista Home Premium (x64) on :

HP Pavilion

Model: m9500y

Product: NC683AA#ABA

2.4 Ghz Quad Core AMD Phenom X4

8GB Ram

I don't have any USB devices plugged in and I don't know of any monitors. I've checked everywhere and none of the solutions I have seen posted her and on other websites have worked for me. I've added the key to the registry on the host system (\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hcmon\Parameters) and setting a DWORD value for DisableDriverCheck (=1). I have also gone through all the USB divices in device manager -- they are all using microsoft drivers and I don't see one for AMD (as others have seen). Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I want to use VMWare (which everyone seems to prefer to Hyper-V for workstations) and Virtual PC, but if I can't use the USB I really don't see the advantage over Hyper-V since I already have licenses for that and available resources on my servers.VNWare tech support wouldn't help unless I bought the product, so I'm relying on someone in this community to help me figure this out.

Please let me know if you have found a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lyeandro2587
Contributor
Contributor

i am having the same problem as above and none of the workarounds worked for me as well. Smiley Sad

ive got no amd drivers installed since i havent used their driver dvd,

Acer ultra turion x2

Windows Ultimate 64 bit.

0 Kudos