VMware Communities
Jonka
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Network Configuration problems

I am running into a behvior difference in VMWorkstation between Vista (and windows 7) and XP. Here is my setup:

I have a machine with 2 NIC's, 1 wireless 1, wired

I have access to 2 internet connections. 1 is behind a corporate firewall the other isn't (for testing VPN connections, firewall settings, etc).

I have previously configured it so that my host machine only uses my wireless card which is inside the corporate firewall. I then configured it so that only virutal machines would use the wired card. This allowed me to move into a virtual environment and access resources from the outside of the company.

In Vista I can configure this under any user account, I just run into credential popups when I am trying to exceed the currently logged in users rights. In XP I have no such luck. When logged in as an administrator I can configure things exactly how I want to and the behave as expected. When logged in as a standard (non-admin) user I am not able to configure things like that.

Strangely Microsofts terrible Virtual PC does this without a hiccup, VMWare is giving me grief.

Ideally I want to tell each virtual machine to Bridge to one adapter or the other.

Any thoughts on fixes for this?

0 Kudos
0 Replies