VMware Communities
Brise
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Machine blocks with Outlook 2013.

Good afternoon.

I have a virtual machine(VMware® Workstation 10.0.5 build-2443746) with the office 2013 installed. When Outlook runs the virtual machine blocks.

I apologize for my English, google translation.

Greetings.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jmtella
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Release Notes:

• Using certain Microsoft Office 2013 applications in a Windows 7 or later guest operating system can cause the guest to crash or the Workstation UI to become unresponsive.
    For example, if you use Outlook 2013 to compose and read email, after a while, the guest might crash, or after you use Word 2013 for a while, the Workstation UI might stop responding.
    Workaround: Turn off the 3D acceleration feature. From the menu bar, select VM > Settings > Display, and deselect Accelerate 3D Graphics.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jmtella
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Release Notes:

• Using certain Microsoft Office 2013 applications in a Windows 7 or later guest operating system can cause the guest to crash or the Workstation UI to become unresponsive.
    For example, if you use Outlook 2013 to compose and read email, after a while, the guest might crash, or after you use Word 2013 for a while, the Workstation UI might stop responding.
    Workaround: Turn off the 3D acceleration feature. From the menu bar, select VM > Settings > Display, and deselect Accelerate 3D Graphics.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Brise
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good afternoon.

Thanks for the tip. Now, Outlook works normally.

I apologize for my English, google translation.

Regards

0 Kudos