VMware Communities
daveh201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Disk Manager CRC error during disk initialize

Running Workstation 8.0.2 on Windows 7 64-bit, AMD 6-core CPU system, all on a Vertex 3 SSD. I have (6) Server 2008 nodes running as a domain and have a 2-node cluster as part of this. One server is running latest Starwind iSCSI target server app. I created the quorum and data drives with no problems at all. I set up a third drive and served it up via iSCSI to the same cluster node. The drive is showing up in the Windows Disk manager albeit unitialized. When I attempt to initialize the drive in Windows I get the message " Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" in a VDM dialog box. Tried recreating the drive several times with same error. The drive is only 5Gb in size. The previous 2 drives were 1 Gb and 10Gb. Help ..........

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daveh201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Solved. The Starwind iSCSI configuration was not set up properly. The target and device link was corrupted inadvertantly. I had changed the initiator target discovery selection from a hostname to an IP. After recreating the target from scratch and reconnecting from the initiator the drive initialized just fine.

0 Kudos