VMware Communities
rholtsla
Contributor
Contributor

Viewing workstation at the same time?

Can you configure VMware to allow you to view multiple workstations at the same time. you can have multiple virtual machine running, but you can only view (have displayed) one virtual machine at a time. Is there a way to be able to view 2 or more virtual machine on your display at the same time?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
devzero
Expert
Expert

sure !

just open up another vmware window and start a VM!

-> file -> new -> window

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Or launch a separate instance of the VMPlayer UI (which only allows one guest per UI) which is included in Workstation, for each guest you want.

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

If have more than one monitor, you start a second instance of VMware Workstation on the other monitor

0 Kudos
kanwal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When i am trying to open another vmx file from my VMware workstation, i get a message to create/keep unique identifier......what does this mean...can any one help ?

I am trying to have setup of two different vmware workstations from my computer ?

Thanks

kanwal

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

Anytime a virtual machine has moved from it's original location you will be prompted to "Create" or "Keep" the UUID for the virtual machine.

In most cases it is recommended the you answer "Create" to avoid having virtual machines with duplicate MAC address

0 Kudos