VMware Communities
russellr
Contributor
Contributor

Version 9.0.3 bug

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to report a bug, so hopefully VMWare staff read these forums...

After "upgrading" to version 9.0.3, a serious bug emerged.  Host is Ubuntu 12.10.

Inside a guest running Ubuntu Linux, when I start FileZilla, the guest completely hangs for several minutes.  Eventually FileZilla starts.  However, if I do it a second time, the guest crashes after a several minute wait.  In this case, WS thinks the guest is still running though it clearly is not.  vmrun won't reset or stop the guest (it hangs for several minutes before saying so).  Only way out is to reboot the host.

This problem does not occur on version 9.0.2.  I've uninstalled 9.0.3 and reinstalled 9.0.2 to confirm.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have a look at: Defect Report

0 Kudos
russellr
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but that page says to file a Support Request (if you have a support agreement), or write it up on Communities.

So, this looks like the right place!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I posted the link in case you had an active support agreement and you wanted to choose that route.  If not, then posting in the appropriate product community on the VMware Technology Network is the other option! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos