VMware Communities
mugen
Contributor
Contributor

VMware workstation 6.x uninstall by itself everytime when i install or uninstall other applications.

It is killing me with VMware workstaion running on Vista. I have never had any problem running on XP. Here you go.....

First, I installed 5.5 on Vista and got me some error, i tried to uninstall it but never success. I gave up and bought the latest version 6.x and ran with command /c at the dos prompt to try to clean up the previous version. It went ok. I started new installation with 6.x but stop in the middle of installation saying something Process is running with ID: 3xxx. I had to skip it to continue but before its finish. Vista gave me BSOD. I had to restart the machine and VMware 6,x already installed and seems running fine. However, when I install or uninstall any applications (It did that Three times already), it uninstalled VMware 6.x sliently and return to version 5.5. I have started again from the very begining every single time. Anyone ever seemed that before and is anyway to fix it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mugen
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone knows?

In fact, It just did it again this morning sliently. I installed Visio and launch VMware 6.0 after that. It roll back to previous verions of 5.5.

Raymond

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds like you need to cleanup the hard way.

try

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1308

0 Kudos