VMware Communities
sausisse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware is driving crazy after update.

1 week after the migation of Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 20H2, when I want to launch a VM, VMware says that I didn't have the XSAVE instruction, and cannot start the machine.

Weirder, in Windows 10 1909, this message didn't show, and it was running fine.

More weirder, after downgrading to VMware 15, it says that I didn't have AMD RVI hardware assisted MMU virtualization, but it didn't say that in VMware 16.1.2 !

It could be related to the processor is too old, but this message pops up since VMware 14, which my PC can run under Windows 7, and I have proof. 

So, why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sounds like Hyper-V got enabled by Windows (there are many levels of Hyper-V, it might not be checked in the options, but still enabled anyways)

Follow the steps here to disable it:
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2146361

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sounds like Hyper-V got enabled by Windows (there are many levels of Hyper-V, it might not be checked in the options, but still enabled anyways)

Follow the steps here to disable it:
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2146361

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
sausisse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

It was effectively the Hyper-V Sheningans that acualy activated.

I disabled and it reworks.

Thank you !

Sausisse

0 Kudos
Reissman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So, I just got a new laptop (company provided image) I was running VM 15 PRo 15.5.6 build-16341506 no problem. My new machine is WIN 10 20H2. Install of both VM14 and VM15 that i have licenses for crashes my machine when the VM tries to load. I downloaded and installed VM 16 as a trial , works , no issues? 

0 Kudos