VMware Communities
skurvysyn
Contributor
Contributor

VMware and cisco cml 2

cisco  CML-Personal  it's not working in VMware player on my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I Power on VM in VMware it shows me. VMware does not support nested Virtualization on this host. Module 'Monitor Mode' power on failed. Failed to start the virtual machine. What could be the problem? My notebook is intel i7 cornet lake processor 4 cores, virtualization enabled in BIOS.  

Log file attached.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
skurvysyn
Contributor
Contributor

I tried new installation of Windows a then it worked, after installing Windows updates it's the same. So, it looks like there is the problem. What I am supposed to do?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What specific version of Windows, and what version of Workstation Player?

And presumably the Cisco software is an appliance which you download as a complete VM? (OVA/OVF)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
skurvysyn
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (Windows Feature Experience Pack)

VMware Workstation 15 Player Version 15.5.6. build 16341506

Yes, it's OVA VM based on linux and ISO image connected through CD/DVD.

0 Kudos
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Would you please disable the "Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI" the "in the "VM Setting -- > Processor" and have a try?

0 Kudos
JenniferWalker
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks   it has been resolved now

0 Kudos
skurvysyn
Contributor
Contributor

After that change it will start but then there is another issue, later when I log in into that through web browser.

vmware.png

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The image is very blurry and hard to read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
skurvysyn
Contributor
Contributor

vmware.png

When I click on add lab, it should probably start lab, but it's doing nothing.  When I click on that red alert it is showing  HW Acceleration issue,  So with disabled Virtualization on processor in vmware menu, this is the result. With enabled virtualization VM is not starting at all with error message as I described already.

When I have had fresh installation of windows it worked wtih enabled virtualization, I was working in lab with routers and switches, everything good but after windows updates it crashed. Microsoft is garbage.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Note the hardware requirements and VM configuration as stated by Cisco: Cisco Modeling Labs 2.0 Quick Start Guide - Installing CML 2.0 [Cisco Modeling Labs] - Cisco

Are you sure your setup is in-line with what they say? Does your system BIOS have the CPU flags enabled?

0 Kudos