VMware Communities
PoyoGamer
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vmx) Unexpected signal: 11.

Hi I used to have Win7 32 bits in WorkStation but now I eliminate that and installed Win7 64 bits.

My problem is that I am talking in Skype with a friend while playing Minecraft and after a couple of minutes it crushes and says "VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vmx) Unexpected signal: 11..."

I update Vmware 9 to Vmware 10 and reinstall the Tools but nothing changed.

I am trying everything... If I disable 3d acceleration I can't play Minecraft or either do things that require that and I need it.

This is my vmware.log

Hope you can solve my problem...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rhaces
Contributor
Contributor

Same error here, did you manage to fix it or someone knows how to solve the issue?

0 Kudos
Jayden56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to communities.

Here is steps.

Navigate to the folder where the virtual machine files are stored.

Delete all files and folders that end with:

.lck

.vmss

Edit the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file. For more information, see  Tips for editing a .vmx file (1714).

Locate the entry that begins with checkpoint.vmState.

Remove everything between the quotation marks. For example, the entry should appear similar to:

checkpoint.vmState = ""

Save and close the .vmx file.

0 Kudos
mrclean1075
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently experienced this error with an update to 6.5.  We are currently still running a term services environment (2008R2) and get this error when multiple users log into a server through via RDP.  The issue was resolved by deleting the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\VMware User Process

Option 2 was:

1. Shut down the Virtual machine.
  2. Set the following in the vmx config file:
    guest_rpc.rpci.usevsocket = "FALSE"
  3. Power on the Virtual machine.
Mr. Clean
0 Kudos