VMware Communities
AnthonyG1
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)

Hi,

I'm running VMWare Workstation Pro version: 16.2.0 build-18760230

I get this error whenever I try to open or create a new VM. This has only been happening for the last few days although it was last week when I'd last used it successfully. 

I did upgrade to Windows 11 and do a BIOS update which I think are the two things most likely to have caused the issue.

I have attached the log file in a zip.

I tried to do a system repair using the windows installer but this didn't fix things either.

Can anyone help?

I've added the zip created by the VM Support script.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnthonyG1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running on Windows 11 Pro version 21H2 OS Build 22000.282  Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0 Installed 21/10/2021

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz with 40.0 GB RAM

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
uknownjustice
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, this error was meant to be fixed for the 16.2 release which took forever to come out, the issue still exists which makes this software useless under Windows 11, wonder if it has anything to do with Secure Boot and TPM? maybe not, maybe Windows 11 changed things dramatically kernel wise?.

0 Kudos
AnthonyG1
Contributor
Contributor

Tried it today for first time in a while and it's working again in windows with latest version.

Linux VMWare Pro has been working fine though and I've nearly finished the class I needed it for.

0 Kudos