VMware Communities
IMatheusss
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (mks) ISBRendererComm: Lost connection to mksSandbox

I was using the VMware Workstation 16 pro and got the error "VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (mks) ISBRendererComm: Lost connection to mksSandbox" while trying to play a game, than I downgraded to the 15 pro version and got the error "VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (svga) NOT_REACHED bora\mks\hostops\DX11\DX11BlendState.c:151", if I disable the Accelerate 3d graphics I'm able to run the game, but as it's a 3d game, everything gets invisible, so it's not really a fix. What do I do? I've upgraded the Workstation to the 16 version again and I posting here it's log, some photos and the log of the 15 version either.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I have only two remarks.

First, on that old CPU (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400) with only 4 physical cores, you should not assign more than 2 cores to the VM.

Second, make sure that the GPU (AMD Radeon R7 200) has the latest drivers installed.

Not sure that any of that will help prevent the crash, but it is worth a try.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
IMatheusss
Contributor
Contributor

I tried only one core and the drivers are up to date, but thanks

0 Kudos