VMware Communities
Blindleistung
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation not connecting to iPhone 4S

Hi...

Somehow, Workstation 7.1.5 (host Win7-x64) will connect various  USB devices, but not an iPhone 4S.

When the VM is running and I connect the phone, the host connects it and offers to open a folder.

Activating the VM window and auto-connect will not change this. phone connects to host.

The list of removable devices in the VM->RemovableDevices Menu lists various things, mouse, soundadapter, a harddisk, but not the phone.

Is there a way to get VMware's USB filterdriver to just grab it? Could  it  be a problem that the device mounts as a multipurpose  device?

(host OS detects the iPhone as a storage device and a camera device.)

A friend of mine is using Workstation 7.0 on Vista-x64 and an iPhone 4  (not 4S). His phone connects properly to the VM.

Any ideas?

Thanks2all.

Achim.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Blindleistung
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.

I wanted to inform you that I found a  solution (in case someone has a similar  problem).

While trying it again, I used another USB port. That solved it. Now I have no idea why this should change anything siginificant, but  it did.

Both USB ports are directly on the mainboard rear - no  extension cables or Case-USBs.

On the first I tried, the phone works properly with the host (file copying), but not VM.

On the second, the phone can also be connected into the VM and works.

Both ports seem to be ok as the host makes no difference which one I use for my peripherals. I usually have all in use.

It works now.

Still remains the question what happened here...

Achim.

0 Kudos