VMware Communities
rlabbe
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation Pro 16 - CPU Compatible - Dell 7750

All - I may be missing the link but unable to determine which of the processors offered by Dell for the 7750 mobile workstation will be compatible with VMware Workstation Pro 16. In particular would Intel Core Processor i9-10885H (8 Core, 16MB Cache, 2.40 GHz to 5.30 GHz, 45W,vPro) or perhaps Intel Core Processor i5-10400H (4 Core, 8MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 4.60 GHz, 45W, vPro) be compatible? From what I've read on Intel's website seems so but just want to confirm if there is an official document from VMware. Also, any issues you see using the onboard Intel video as opposed to a video card? I'd rather not spend the money for a higher end video card if the onboard will be sufficient as will not be playing games and mostly using for a lab running multiple VMs supporting active directory testing. I am also planning on using either 64GB or 128GB of RAM to support the various VMs. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This should help: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/51643

From what you’ve said, you should be able to save money by not buying that video card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ender_
Expert
Expert

The CPU is compatible, and on-board graphics will be sufficient.

0 Kudos