VMware Communities
Vmware_User1233
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation Pro 16 Audio Issue

Version: 16.1.2 

Hello, I am using VMware workstation pro 16 for work. I have a windows 10 virtual machine set up. My issue is my microphone, It works for many apps audacity/google meets/and I'm sure many others but my problem occurs when using the app "linphone". It doesn't seem to pick up audio from my microphone. I can hear audio coming from the app but my microphone is not sending audio to the app. Has anyone ever dealt with this or a similar situation? Need to fix this for work so any insight might help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarltonR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@Vmware_User1233 wrote:

It works for many apps audacity/google meets/and I'm sure many others but my problem occurs when using the app "linphone".

As the microphone works with other apps within the Win 10 VM then it would suggest that its not VMware related, but either the Linphone app itself or Win 10, so you might not be on the appropriate forum, notwithstanding, check . . .

Linphone: verify that Setting - Audio - Capture device microphone device is correctly selected [check in the Win 10 VM's Device Manager or Control Panel/Sound if not sure]

Win 10 VM: Go to Personalise - Settings - Privacy - Microphone - and check that the Linphone App is allowed to use the microphone

0 Kudos
InfoSeek
Contributor
Contributor

It is a known issue with verision 16.1 and above. The last working version is 16.1.0 build-17198959. Anything newer is broken for many of us. In my case sound goes in and out until nothing comes out of the mic and and neither can hear anything.

VMware is doing nothing to fix it. I had to downgrade and it's been fine since.