VMware Communities
mayurparmar777
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation Additional Network Adapter not working in ESXi

Hello guys,

I am trying to build a lab through VMware workstation 15 & vSphere 6.7.

I have successfully installed ESXi 6.7 & vCenter Server Appliance 6.7

But when i checked failover of ESXi from networking part, Once i disconnect the primary adapter ESXi gets disconnected and never do failover on secondary adapter.

I have tried multiple times but nothing helped.

Because of this issue i am unable to migrate to vDS & not able to perform NSX installation as well.

If anyone has faced the same issue please help me. I would be really thankful to everyone.

Thanks & Regards, Mayur Parmar, Blog: www.masteringvmware.com
0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you already check the failover&teaming settings of the vSwitch, and the Management port group to ensure that both vmnics are active (or at lease active/standby)?

André

0 Kudos
mayurparmar777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes I have kept all failover settings to default and made both the network active-active as well as active-standby but didn't worked.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Ok, lets start troubleshooting with the ESXi VM istelf. Please attach (don't paste) the ESXi VM's current vmware.log file to a reply post.

André

0 Kudos
mayurparmar777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Kindly find attached vmware.log file of ESXi & configuration settings as well.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

How about the "Management Network" port group's Failover settings? Are they inherited from the vSwitch, i.e. are both vmnics configured correctly?

André

0 Kudos
mayurparmar777
Contributor
Contributor

yes they are inherited from the vSwitch.

Yes I have kept all the settings to default only make secondary NIS as standby that's it.

0 Kudos