VMware Communities
altjx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Workstation 7 - wireless network adapter -- no solution anywhere?

My german shepherd just chewed my network cable and prior to that, my VMs were able to connect to the internet with no problem. Now that I plug in the Wireless Network Adapter and get connected with my host, my VMs aren't connecting... There's just an X on the icon in the notification tray. Every few seconds or so it will try to re-establish a connection I'm guessing but it's going back to the red X.

What am I supposed to do? I read the VMware documentation on this and it just shows how to bridge the network. I've done that already. I haven't changed any settings from when it worked using a network cable.

I can switch the adapter to NAT and it works fine, but I want to bridge it.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
altjx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This works perfectly in VirtualBox... How come VMware can't handle this?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I personally have no problems bridging over WiFi and while in some cases it can be the Router nonetheless it appears that in this particular case it may be an issue with how VMware implements its Bridge Protocol.  Now that's not to say this is totally a VMware issue but it could be a combination of both and in any case you might want to raise this issue directly with VMware.

0 Kudos
altjx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Damn. That's interesting. I have that issue on two of my desktops -- the VMware bridging over Wifi and a few friends have experienced that too. Lol. Thanks for your help man Smiley Happy

Not sure where to go other than VirtualBox from here Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
altjx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just reinstalled VMware Workstation, blah... Same issue. Oh well. Any other way I can have it talk to other computers on the network? Sucks how VMware costs and have issues with this whereas VirtualBox's free and does it just fine. 😕

0 Kudos
studentt
Contributor
Contributor

Ur method is not working:André

0 Kudos