VMware Communities
Panarchy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation 6.5.1 - Drive not ready error - Everytime - 5 different computer - 5 different downloads of the installer

Hi

It seems that whenever I 'turn on' a virtual machine using VMware Workstation 6.5.1 I get a Drive Not Ready error. Gives me Continue, Ignore and Cancel options I always press continue.

I think it's some memory allocation error.

I've tried it on 4 different computers and with 4 different operating systems. Each computer I tried it on was completely different, custom built computers. Except for one, which is a laptop, to be specific, Dell Inspiron 700m. The others included Windows XP x64 (on computer1), Windows Vista x64 (on computer1), Windows XP (on laptop), Windows XP (on computer2) & Windows Vista (on computer3).

Each time I redownloaded it from the VMware website, so it's definitely not a problem on my end.

One every one of these computers/OS's I am getting an error similiar to this one, featured below, when I 'turn on' a virtual machine;

Please fix this bug in your next release of VMware Workstation.

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I thought this issues was fixed with 6.5.1 ... ?

Anyway - do you have vdk.exe or imdisk.exe running while starting VMs ? - thats a known issue with 6.5.0 ...

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Panarchy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\ErrorMode Value in the registry to 2 iso 0.

It worked!

Perhaps this change of registry entries can be changed in the next release of VMware Workstation?

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

0 Kudos
hubbardt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This error has just started happening to me (Vista 64 SP1 and workstation 6.5.1).

Tried the registry edit and all working now . Thanks !!!

:smileygrin:

0 Kudos