VMware Communities
-Julie-
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation 16 Pro 32-bit to 64-bit

Just purchased VMware Workstation 16 Pro & installed it on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system. When I execute VMware Workstation 16 Pro I see is on 32-bit.

How can I change 32-bit to 64-bit so that runs and process completely on 64 bit?

I have installed the packaging/destination folder to Program Files, not to the standard Program Files (x86). But from the Task Manager I see that the VMware Workstation 16 Pro is still on 32-bit architecture when I execute.
I also tried to uninstall and reinstall VMware Workstation 16 Pro on different users to the same computer, but is still on 32-bit architecture when is executed.

Thank for your answer and help

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can't. VMware Workstation's management is still 32-bit, and the binaries required to run the VMs are 64-bit.

André

-Julie-
Contributor
Contributor

I understand, thank you for your answer, André.

Do you recommend that I remove the packaging/destination folder I had installed in Program Files or reinstall it in Program Files standard (x86) which was the default?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I can't tell you whether the installation location has any effects.
Anyway, I'd suggest to install applications with the default paths (at least for the binaries) unless there's a good reason to install them elsewhere.

André

-Julie-
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your response André

0 Kudos