VMware Communities
HowieLi1997
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation 15 Pro

Using VMware Workstation 15 Pro, but my Windows 7 VMs desktop is all scramble up.  What would cause that and how to resolve this issue?

ThanksVM_Win7_Desktop.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HowieLi1997
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Wil,

for those of you that have the same issue, Under Virtual Machine Settings -> unchecked the Accelerate 3D graphics made it work for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HowieLi1997
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried the same image on Workstation 12 without issues.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Seems like it is an issue related to the VMware display driver.

That driver is part of VMware Tools, so I would suggest to re-install VMware Tools.

As the VM still works OK on Workstation 12, I do recommend to take a backup before trying to fix it.

Hope this helps,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
HowieLi1997
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Wil,

for those of you that have the same issue, Under Virtual Machine Settings -> unchecked the Accelerate 3D graphics made it work for me.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

While I'm happy that at least you had something workable, it still isn't ideal.

Another recent topic here at the forum suggests that your issue might happen because of old virtual hardware.

In other words, what current virtual hardware is your VM using?

If it is not using the latest version, is the issue resolved if you switch it to the latest virtual hardware with 3D enabled?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos