VMware Communities
charlielewis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Workstation 15 - Menu items not accessible via Alt + letter

Anyone else experiencing that they can't access the menus with the keyboard (no mouse), using Alt + <Letter>

For instance, Alt + F would give you the File menu.

5 Replies
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Hi,

You can find default hot-key combinations here:

Default Hot-Key Combinations

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
charlielewis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello vmrale​, thank you for your answer; yeah I'm aware of the shortcuts; the problem I'm reporting is that Workstation is not honoring them in v15+ when it comes to giving focus to the menus.

For instance if you do Alt + f, that should normally give focus to the File menu and from there you can navigate using arrow keys. That behavior of giving focus to the menu bar is not working in v15+

0 Kudos
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Today I upgraded VMware Workstation to version 15.0.2 and the ALT + Key combination isn't working for me too. I've never have the reason to use ALT shortcuts with Workstation software earlier, so I can't tell You if this is an expected behaviour.

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
charlielewis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It works on v14; I make heavy use of them to avoid using the mouse; not all the menu elements have direct shortcuts. For instance, the new window one doesn't (and there are many others).

With the current state of affairs, only with a mouse can you access; it takes a bit of a toll on productivity

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just as an FYI, we are aware of this issue and will be shipping a fix in the next point release of Workstation.

Sincere apologies for this, and big thanks to the community of folks who reported the issue.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF