VMware Communities
Yagami
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Workstation 15.5.6 installer ever closes when it tried to update from version 15.5.2 ¬¬

When the VMware Workstation 15.5.6 installer opens it'll closes rapid even than an eye's blink,the logs are on the attachment u.u

月を見る度思い出せ...
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Host OS?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Yagami
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 10 2004 ._.

月を見る度思い出せ...
0 Kudos
haiweiz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It seems like the installer can not create temporary folder to extract itself. It may caused by some security software protect user's temporary folder.

You can try to clean up you %temp% directory, go to %temp% folder, and check if the {EA977A56-9030-471A-B2E1-04E1240E9570}~setup exist, if it does, delete this folder and run Workstation installer again.

If it still not working, you can try to extract installer by youself with following steps:

1. Create one path as the workspace, for example, C:\workspace, move you downloaded Workstation installer to here.

2. Launch cmd console as administrator, and nevigate to C:\workspace.

3. Run following command one by one

set TMP=C:\workspace

set TEMP=C:\workspace

VMware-workstation-full-15.5.5-16285975.exe /X

4. The splash window will show up, after a while, it exit.

5. You can find the extracted installer in you C:\workspace\{EA977A56-9030-471A-B2E1-04E1240E9570}~setup

6. In explorer, go inside this folder (you may be told this folder is protected by administrator, click continue), double click the vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe one by one to install them,  you may be asked to reboot the host to finish install. If so, reboot host.

7. Finially you can double click the VMwareWorkstation.msi to launch the Workstation setup.

Let me know if it works.

Yagami
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It works,very thx u're helped me so much ^^

And I still don't found the Correct Answer option for mark your post e.e

月を見る度思い出せ...
0 Kudos