VMware Communities
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation 11 - Connecting to vCloud Air no VMs displayed?

Connecting to vCloud Air no VMs displayed?

No Datacentre displayed, cannot upload ?

Any ideas ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It was not fixed, I was told it was a bug, and would be fixed with the General Release of

vCloud Air.

VMware Support (VMware Workstation Support, India) will notify me, when this issue has been resolved! (when that date comes, I'll update here!)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Welcome to community!

Could you pls provide following info for investigation:

1. login to vCloud Air via web browser, do you see a “Dashboard” tab? Or simply a “CLOUD REGIONS” page? If you could provide a screenshot that would be helpful

- If you see the “Dashboard” tab after login, pls provide following info:

Your Virtual Datacenter(s) info , is it displayed as below?

nnn-mmm
On: Multi-Tenant Cloud
Where nnn-mmm is the vdc name.

or is it displayed as this?
VDC name
On: nn-mm

Where "nn-mm" is some number assigned by deployment. it can be any number of digits.

- if after login to vCloud Air you get a “CLOUD REGIONS” page, pls list the region info.

2. Workstation UI log.

Launch Workstation11, connect to vCould Air from Workstation with your account, then provide the Workstation UI log after the login completes.

You can get UI log location from Workstation UI “Help > About VMware Workstation”

0 Kudos
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

1. We do see a Dashboard

VDC1 in UK - Slough - 6

We did have VMs but deleted them all, to check see if we re-created new they would appear.

Air.jpg

Air1.jpg

2. log attached

0 Kudos
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

any ideas?

0 Kudos
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi einstein-a-go-go,

We never experienced this issue before. Hence I just filed a bug to track your issue. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this may bring to you. Will update you once we have any update.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello did you ever got this fixed? Coz i am also experincing the same issue... while i go to VM>Manage>upload i could not list the VDC to upload to however i have VDC setup in VCHS and VMs exists there.

Thanks ,

Mohit

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It was not fixed, I was told it was a bug, and would be fixed with the General Release of

vCloud Air.

VMware Support (VMware Workstation Support, India) will notify me, when this issue has been resolved! (when that date comes, I'll update here!)

0 Kudos
sideshowtob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just tired this myself and got the same result.  No VDC or VMs displayed when connecting to vCloud Air On Demand service.

0 Kudos
upsurt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I cannot even connect to the vCloud Air.

Keep getting the error message; Failed to connect to vchs.vmware.com. HTTP Error when connecting to server: 0.

Any hints?

0 Kudos
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

it does not work anyway!

VMware Support called me, to say how was I getting on with this, and is it fixed! (I was rather confused by this them ringing me and asking, if it was fixed!!!)

as vCloud AIR, has now gone GA.

It still does not work, and they asked me to talk to my VMware people to get it fixed!

CONFUSED!!!

I don't think anything has been done with VMware Workstation 11, and this is very low priority to get fixed!

0 Kudos
upsurt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply!

That sound really, really bad!

I just joined the vCloud Air to find out, it isn't working at all :smileyangry:

Are they waiting till people move to Amazon or Microsoft?

Did they tell you when they may fix it?

0 Kudos
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware have got a lot of catching up, with Microsoft Azure! (vCloud Air slow to market!......................!)

No idea, the VMware Support team for VMware Workstation is very small.....

I'm confused, as to what we have to do, it would seem, they would like us to fix it for them!

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I helped lead the development of this integration, and I'm thrilled that you're trying it out 😃

With that, I'm really sorry we didn't get support for On Demand working in time for the GA of Workstation 11 =(

When we started, we targeted Subscription services like Virtual Private Cloud and Dedicated Cloud, and Workstation talks just fine with those services today.

To be transparent, the API for the OnDemand service changed in a subtle but critical way just before it's GA which differed from some assumptions we had made previously, and we didn't have time to freeze a new build before RTM of Workstation. 

We plan to get things working in the very next release.

I'm also very happy to hear any feedback on the integration we get it working, feel free to PM me directly or start a thread and call me out.

-Mike

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
sideshowtob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update Mike. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Mike

Thanks for updating the Thread, I know VMware is a large organisation, could you let your VMware Support Guys know this in VMware Workstation Support, India ?

Because they don't know, and they are the Guys at the VMware Coal Face!

Andy

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Noted... We definitely made them aware, so there must have been some confusion or miscommunication in GSS.

We've raised the flag and are following up to make sure we're aligned.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback!

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
mw73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You said that this would be fixed in the next release. Is that the next release of vCloud Air or the next release of VMware Workstation or both? Also are we talking next month, next year or when can we expect to see this problem fixed? 

0 Kudos
einstein-a-go-g
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Current target date is Feb. 17th. for VMware Workstation bug fix!

0 Kudos
sideshowtob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Looks like they fixed it in the latest build - 11.1.0 build-2496824

2015-02-18_14-56-03.png

0 Kudos
AlexJohn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mike

Thanks for confirming that VMWARE workstation 11 cannot connect to vcloud vpc ON DEMAND.

I know you mentioned the fix will be in an earliest release but is there a time frame as Im in a deadline trying to convince my boss to use vcloud rather then AWS

IF NOT in the near time frame.

My next question will be.

Can I still upload my exisiting VMs in workstation 11 to the vcloud vpc on demand.

Manually ?!

OR if I were to setup a temporary vcenter /ESXi server and put my VMs there can I use the vcenter vcloud connection plug in to connect to the vcloud vpc on demand ?

will it work ?

I thank you in advance for your swift reply as I have to make a decision to use vcloud or aws.

Sincerely

Alex Fok

0 Kudos