VMware Communities
jonare
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation 10 - keyboard problem

Running Workstation 10 on Windows 8 Pro.

Running Ubuntu server, Linux Mint and CentOS inside the workstation, all installed and working great for a week until the keyboard started to experience problemes.

- When typing in console the keyboard suddenly stops working, have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and get to windows and back before its working again.

- Sometime the keyboard seems to get stuck at one key, and im getting "ddddddddddddddddddddddd" in the console windows.

I have never had this problem with Workstation 8 or 9. Anyone else ?

Regards J.A

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
OscarDavey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you installed the update vmware tools and also check the setting of Guest VM that you have created and go to Options > General > Enhanced Vitual Keyboard should be off. Try this

Your Oscar

0 Kudos
nolanpster
Contributor
Contributor

- Sometime the keyboard seems to get stuck at one key, and im getting "ddddddddddddddddddddddd" in the console windows.

I'm seeing the same issue in Workstation 10.0.4 running windows 7. I could really use a fix for this. Having my 'enter' key repeat could have catastrophic consequences for making online edits to PLC programs. 

0 Kudos
HeinB7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I run Workstation 11.1.2. i have the same problem where my keys will just start repeating and only hitting some other random keys will make it stop.

Sometimes it even gets stuck on the delete key.

This is a major problem for me as i now have to keep saving my work to reduce work loss in case a key randomly gets stuck.

Please can we find a solution for this.

I never had this problem with VMware Workstation 9 or 10.

Cheers

Hein

0 Kudos