VMware Communities
streetwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapters getting errors in my Event Log after upgrading to Windows 11.

After I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 I started seeing the following two error message in my event log after I boot into W11. The event id is 2505

The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{B4EE6689-32C7-4A57-B7CE-588FCE891CD5} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E21018FF-9450-49DE-AA46-F80745F508C7} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

These are the two VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapters I have on my system. The first one is VMnet1 while the second one is VMnet8.

I'm running VMware® Workstation 16 Pro 16.2.1 build-18811642

How can I fix things so I don't get the error messages? I never had this problem with Windows 10 or any prior versions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
streetwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved. For both of my VMware Adapters I disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP. The internet works fine under my VM's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
streetwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved. For both of my VMware Adapters I disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP. The internet works fine under my VM's.

0 Kudos