VMware Communities
martyfelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware User Account added??

Hi:

I am running Windows 2008 Server R2 and installed VMware Workstation.After r the WS installation another user appears on the login screen ( vmwareuser_ ) besides the Administrator login which still works. This user does not appear in the Use Accountss the Control Panel .Uninsalling WS elliminates this phantom user. Question is - how was the VMware user account added and if added how can I access it to give this user a password. Password reset disk doesn't do its job.

Please let me know if more information to the forum is needed and I'll attempt to post it. The server install is very new to me and I have no clue where to look for an answer

Thank you.

Marty Felker

President/Owner

Black Ridge Computer

Floyd, VA

(540) 593-2117

Marty Felker
0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Do not assign a password

Do not try to login

Read this

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/190746?tstart=0

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos
martyfelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From the discussion linik you provided it would seem that this is a bug in Windows 7 (or in my case "Windows 7" Standard server. I "assume" the string is somewhere in the registry but I have more productive things to investiagate.

Marty Felker

President/Owner

Black Ridge Computer

Floyd, VA

(540) 593-2117

Marty Felker
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

No it is no bug in Windows 7 - you always get those accounts - its just that nobody complained with pre 2k8 systems

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos