VMware Communities
payneardo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware USB Arbitration Service wont start on windows 7

Hi all,

Trying the get the above service to start but keeps failing with the following message below Smiley Sad any ideas on how I can resolve this, spent a few hours lastnight trying to solve it and found it it maybe something to do with the sony erriicson seechri control device driver but I cant get rid of that to test Smiley Sad

I am using win 7 professional & Vmware worksation 7 as well.

Here is the error Log Smiley Happy

Nov 03 08:03:07.399: usbArb| Log for VMware USB Arbitration Service pid=3760 version=3.0.0 build=build-203739 option=Release

Nov 03 08:03:07.399: usbArb| The process is 32-bit.

Nov 03 08:03:07.399: usbArb| Host codepage=windows-1252 encoding=windows-1252

Nov 03 08:03:07.399: usbArb| DICT --- USER PREFERENCES C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\VMware\preferences.ini

Nov 03 08:03:07.400: usbArb| DICT --- USER DEFAULTS C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\VMware\config.ini

Nov 03 08:03:07.400: usbArb| DICT --- HOST DEFAULTS C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware USB Arbitration Service\config.ini

Nov 03 08:03:07.400: usbArb| DICT --- SITE DEFAULTS C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware USB Arbitration Service\config.ini

Nov 03 08:03:07.401: usbArb-1588| USBArb: Starting VMUSBArbService args:'VMUSBArbService'

Nov 03 08:03:10.238: usbArb-1588| USBArb: USBArbInit failed with error:31

Nov 03 08:03:11.238: usbArb-1588| USBArb: Stopping service, status:31

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Primetime_de
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Look here, maybe my workaround will help you:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1406467

Best regards Christian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
payneardo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am also not unable to uninstall the sony erriicson seechri control device driver as all my usb devices disappear.

So it could be this causing the problem as I cant start the service at all Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Primetime_de
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Look here, maybe my workaround will help you:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1406467

Best regards Christian
0 Kudos
payneardo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, thats brilliant Smiley Happy

Just had a slight difference on windows 7 as roll back driver was greyed out so I had to click on update driver, browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer & then selected the microsoft driver and it is now all working

Thanks again for the solution you have saved another late night for me Smiley Happy

Cheers

Dave

0 Kudos
gemjuno
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i'm having same problem as you had. i tried to install default usb root driver but it failed. how did you manage to reinstall MS driver?

0 Kudos
payneardo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I went in to device manager, universal serial Bus Controllers, USB Root Hub.

Right clicked on the first one, properties, Select Driver from the tabs along the top, Click on Update Driver.

Then Browse my computer for driver software, then selected, Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

It then showed 2 instances of USB Root Hub and I selected the 2nd one in the list and then next

It then installed the device driver and went back to the USB Root Hub Properties screen and in the driver provider it has now changed from sony ericcson to microsoft.

I then did this process for each instance of USB Root Hub on my computer, checking each time it has changed back to microsoft. This was on windows 7 professional 32 Bit version.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

0 Kudos