VMware Communities
mfelker
Expert
Expert

VMware Tools Command Line Documentation

Two questions about VMwareTools documentation have come up recently.  After a fairly detailed  search on Google  I came across  my own post of an officail VMware  documenation.  It is very interesting  that this applies to WS 7 and up (seems the same as for WS 9 which is very interestinig - at least to me)  VMwarel  will come up with a GUI version of the Tools in a future release I was told)).  Here is the link

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware-tools-cli.pdf

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Martin Felker wrote: After a fairly detailed  search on Google  I came across  my own post of an officail VMware  documenation.

Don't know what you consider a "fairly detailed  search" to be, however what I consider a simple search it's the second hit! Smiley Wink

(Click image to enlarge.)

VMware_Tools_Command_Line_Documentation_Google_Search.png

0 Kudos
mfelker
Expert
Expert

Its  the  result that counts!  Anyway Google search is  very strange - the  link to the documentation using the same serach times  did not come up  even on the first  page for me.  I've  been composing  a  reply and haven't   posted it yet  and its shows up in a Google search!.  I was logged into Google at the time - were you?  Just curious - really.

This   doumentation is very interesting in many   respects.  Since the  devs have now enable WS to compoile on kerrnel 3.9 rc4 without  a patch or sym link (congrats!!) I think  they'll be  able to program a GUI for Tools   again real soon now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Martin Felker wrote: I was logged into Google at the time - were you?  Just curious - really.

No I was not logged into Google at the time however after flushing cache and cookies I logged in and it's the top hit! Smiley Wink

(Click image to enlarge.)

VMware_Tools_Command_Line_Documentation_Google_Search_Logged_in).png

0 Kudos
mfelker
Expert
Expert

Do you do this withk  every Google search.?  If  we can suss out Google 's search alogorihms I'll split the 100 billion we get   for blackmailing them Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Martin Felker wrote: Do you do this withk  every Google search.?

Do I do what with every Google Search, get the wanted results in the top hits, yes usually! Smiley Wink

If you're referring to clearing the cache and cookies I did that so as not to skew the search results since I had previously searched using that string and didn't want to walk over to a different computer that I hadn't search using that string from! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
mfelker
Expert
Expert

I mention Google's search methods because I multiboot 4 OS's (all WS enabled - to share VM's) and that might - or might not - make a difference.  For allI know Google is searching  queriesand keywords  as well as Websites to speed up its fetching. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos