VMware Communities
AlanGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware SVGA 3D stopped working

Hello, im new on this. I have a Virtual Machine with Windows 10 and the host is a Windows 10 computer.

VMware SVGA 3D stopped working today, a black screen appears in some progams and the SVGA 3d driver is having a problem. I tried reinstalling the VMware SVGA 3D Drivers and the virtual machine and dont work.

My Computer Specs:

Host OS: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit (Build 19044.2006) 10.0.19044

RAM: 16GB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz

My VM Specs:

RAM: 8GB

Virtual GPU: VMware SVGA 3D

VMware Workstation Pro Product: VMware Workstation 16 Pro

Workstation Pro Version: 16.2.4 build-20089737

Here is a image of the issue:

AlanGamer_1-1664029628199.png

AlanGamer_0-1664029559593.png

 Thanks,

Alan.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlanGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After restarting my Computer, restarting Virtual Machine, reinstalling Virtual Machine Operative system, and reinstalling VMware Tools my virtual machine is working good! 😄

Note, i have to delete the VMware SVGA 3D driver in the Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc or searching for Device Manager on Windows Bar, next restart the virtual machine and the host computer, after this the problem has solved, but some days are appearing the black screen but not the same day that is solved the probled, but no problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlanGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After restarting my Computer, restarting Virtual Machine, reinstalling Virtual Machine Operative system, and reinstalling VMware Tools my virtual machine is working good! 😄

Note, i have to delete the VMware SVGA 3D driver in the Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc or searching for Device Manager on Windows Bar, next restart the virtual machine and the host computer, after this the problem has solved, but some days are appearing the black screen but not the same day that is solved the probled, but no problem.

0 Kudos
AlanGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The virtual graphics card (VMware SVGA 3D) has returned with a problem. Appears a black screen, and locks the virtual machine. Help me please! The problem is not resolved

0 Kudos
drwoodberry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have a system doing the same thing. When looking at the timing of the issue I noticed that KB5017308 had been installed. Removed it and currently waiting to see if the behavior continues. 

0 Kudos
rebom70
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am facing the same problems since some weeks.

0 Kudos