Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Pro 16 - mouse stutter on W10 H2 when set 4K resolution.

VMware Pro 16 - mouse stutter on W10 H2 when set 4K resolution (work via Remote Desktop). I set 8GB RAM for graphics but it did not change anything. VMware drivers reinstalled. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What kind of stutter is it you're facing?

I may have a similar issue:

Many of my mouse clicks don't reach through to the VM (Windows 10x64, Workstation 16 hardware). Many times I have to click/double click twice or three times to finally see an effect in the VM.

[VMware]: Workstation 16 Pro; --
[host]: Windows 10x64 host; --
[guests]: Windows 10x64, Windows 8x64.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse cursor is jumping. VM is extremely slow compared to FHD setting when there is no such problem at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try this: Preferences → Input → Cursor → Optimize mouse for games → Never (I've had problems when this was set to anything else).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I can not reproduce the described issue on my test machine. My host is Win10 H2 with WS 16.1 installed, and my guest is Win10 H2 also . I tried setting the host to 4K resolution and hold the mouse to move around on host and in guest, however neither see the mouse stutter on Win10 H2.

We need more information to figure out what happened. Could you record a video and provide more information about your test environment? like Guest OS, Host OS, Graphic card, host machine model, Hyperv status, and etc.

If you're saying it work via Remote desktop, you can try to disable 3D and see if the issue is gone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse cursor is slowing down (choppy) when "Free Stretch" option is turned on. Please also note that I am using 4K display.

0 Kudos