VMware Communities
mike98765
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Player No Internet

Hello, I have been using VMware for awhile now and it seems like every few months I can't connect to the Internet. I always forget how to fix it. I've tried "Bridged", "NAT", and "Host Only" but none work. Does anyone know how I can connect my VMware Player?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The last time you experienced this issue, you mentioned that that "Restore Default" form the Virtual Network Editor solved the issue.

André

0 Kudos
Mike9876
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Where's the Virtual Network Editor? I can Edit settings, but I don't see "Restore Deafults."

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Sorry my bad, the Virtual Network Editor is only available with VMware Workstation.

I mistakenly thought of VMware Workstation, because you posted the question in this forum. With VMware Player you may try to repair or reinstall the application.

André

0 Kudos
Mike9876
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I forgot I have Workstation on my other PC. It's not connected. I might have to reinstall Player. How do you "Repair" Player?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I don't use VMware Player myself, so I'm not exactly sure whether there's a Repair option available from the Windows control panel (Programs and Features)!?

André

0 Kudos
Mike9876
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I can't find out how to repair, but have another problem...None of my VM's will start up. I just reinstalled Windows, I think thats the problem. I'll have to reinstall Player and my VM's. Does anyone know how the Partitioning works? If I uninstall Player, does it automatically erase Partitions? Should I uninstall my VM's before uninstalling Player? Hopefully a new install of Player will fix the internet.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

VMware Player is only an application managing VMs. If you uninstall the application (VMware Player), the VM's will not get touched, and you can add them to the Plyer's library again once you have reinstalled it.

André

0 Kudos
Mike9876
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I "Deleted from Disk" my VM's. Reinstalled a new version of Player, and reinstalled new versions of my VM's. Internet works automatically under "NAT." Does deleting the VM's recover their partitions? I don't want partitions on my Hard Drive from the old VM's. Please respond. Thanks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

VM's consist of a set of files (like .vmdk files for the virtual disks) typically within a separate folder for each VM, and if you select "Delete from disk", this VM's files will simply be deleted, i.e. the disk space used by these files will be available again on the host system.

André

0 Kudos
Mike9876
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, After installing the new Player and VM's I think my problem is solved. I will close the post and hopefully it will continue to work. Thanks again

0 Kudos