VMware Communities
godlessmankind
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Daisy Chained two 16-port usb 3.0 hubs

Hi,

I'm connecting bunch of printers and other devices through the two daisy chained 16 USB 3.0 hubs made by the company acasis.

Hub 1 is connected directly to computers USB port, and Hub 2 connected to the port of the Hub 1.

Devices connected to any of hubs are shown on Windows 10 Home 20H2 host, but only devices that are connected to Hub 1 shown as removable devices in the Windows 10 Home 20H2 guest. From my understanding  I'm not reaching the limit of available USB devices which is 127 max.

Is the any suggestions about this issue.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ender_
Expert
Expert

USB 3 apparently has a not very well documented limit of 32 devices (instead of 127 of USB 1/2). Still, this should let you use both hubs – what happens if you connect both hubs directly to the PC instead of chaining them?

0 Kudos
godlessmankind
Contributor
Contributor

What a beautiful community you guys have here

Thanks

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks.. I take it that was sarcasm. 😉

Was fiiiiinalllly able to drag Ender_'s comment out of the spam bucket. His reply was put there erroneously, but -at least for this little user moderator- the functionality to remove a post from the forum's anti-spam bucket was broken for more than 2 weeks. Let's hope his reply helps figuring this out.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
godlessmankind
Contributor
Contributor

I really appreciate the reply. If I put both of them directly to the PC all of the devices connected to them shows up in the removable devices on VMware. But as it's being chained again they only shown in the Host OS.

Thank you

0 Kudos
godlessmankind
Contributor
Contributor

I also have tested 2 other usb 3.0 hubs of different brand and got the same results. So we could exclude the hardware issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
godlessmankind
Contributor
Contributor

I wasn't meant to be rude.

Sarcasm just came up from my frustration and i was not aware of the technical issue you had.

Thank you for figuring out the issue with a Ender_'s reply.

Looks like it was not a sarcasm after all.

0 Kudos